Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blogging Virgin

Okay, so I'm new to the whole blogging world. I try to blog on myspace sometimes, but most of the time I don't think that my thoughts come across to my friends and readers as accurately as I'd like them to- so I'm giving this a try instead. I guess I'll start by telling you a little about me. I'm a 20-something who's spent the last year working on perfecting my first "great American novel". I have a million ideas, but each time I start something, I tend come up with what I consider an "even better idea" and then I want to start over and work on that idea instead.

My interest lies in the paranormal... yep, I'm one of those people. Those werewolf/vampire/fairy/elf/dragon lovin' girls, but I'm open to other things as well. My novel is more of a YA novel, right now, though there are a few things that come up every now and again that some parents might not want their teenagers reading, but I have to write what I want to write and I can't worry about what every one else is going to think about it, or I'll never get anything done.

I live in TEXAS, though I spend a lot of my time wishing I lived some where with all four seasons, like MAINE.

I love cemeteries. I don't think they're creepy, just peaceful.

Autumn is by all time favorite season.

I'm also a loner and I sometimes (or all the time) have trouble branching out and making friends.

I love cats, especially black ones (b/c I have 3).

I'm also an avid book collector/reader, so I'm sure I'll be spending a good deal of this blog talking about books, either mine or someone else's.

I have a few regrets and a few experiences I wouldn't take back for the world, but mostly I'm just a normal girl, looking for my place in this world, so feel free to write me if you have any questions. I'd love to hear from anyone, at any time, from any place.

3 comments:

the story siren said...

hey! welcome to the blogging world! sounds like we have a lot in common! nice to virtually meet you!

Anonymous said...

Autumn is definitely my favorite season too, it's something about the leaves changing and the cool weather that makes me feel different.

By the way, welcome to the blogging world! I hope you enjoy it!

Tonight_She_Shines said...

Thanks for the wonderful welcome both!! I look forward to being here!!!