Monday, September 22, 2008

Slow Going

I have to apologize to everyone for how slow this blog has been going. I fully intended on reading both the books I posted on here, and writing about them, but instead Texas was hit by a hurricane, and I got sidetracked watching the weather channel 24/7 for information. I live in Central Texas, so all we got here was a lot of rain, but I was actually supposed to take a trip to Galveston the week following the hurricane, and Galveston was vertically destroyed.


Then after the aftermath of Ike, we decided to work on renovating the house we live in, so I've been downstairs in the living room tearing out old carpet to reveal fairly decent hardwood floors that we never knew we had. Well, that's not entirely true. I knew the floors were hardwood under the carpet because our entire upstairs is hardwood, but I was under the impression that the reason the living room had been carpeted was because the hardwood floors weren't in very good shape.


Sorry about the quality of the picture of our newly discovered hardwood floor, it was taken with a cell phone.

Anyway, this all leads me back to what I'm doing now, and how I still haven't gotten around to reading the books I said I was going to be reading. Now I've decided to work on my own book, which literally has a mind of its own, and has totally swept off into a direction I never saw coming. I love that aspect about writing. It is almost like reading a book you have no part of when your story takes an unexpected twist, but at the same time, it makes for a lot of revisions and editing when you have to go back and fix the parts you've already written so that they'll match the new idea. So now that's where I am. I'm editing, and asking for forgiveness on my slow going. I hope everyone else's lives have been a little less chaotic than mine, and yes, I will get to those books. I promise.

No comments: