Thursday, September 18, 2008

Help!! Please Help!!!

Okay, I've already stated that I'm new at all this, so I was looking around at backgrounds to help jazz up my page a little bit and I found this really cute one with fall leaves that I love, but I have no earthly idea how to put up it on here. The instructions said to
1. Sign in to Blogger. This will take you to your Dashboard.
2. Under the blog you wish to change the background for, click on Layout.
3. You are now in the Add and Arrange Page Elements screen. Click Add a Page Element.
4. You are now in the Choose a new Page Element Screen. You'll see where it says HTML/JavaScript. Underneath there, click Add to Blog.
5. You are now in the Configure HTML/JavaScript Screen. Under Content you'll see a large box, paste the entire following HTML code in that space.

Step number 3 is the one that lost me because once I got to my "arrange page elements screen" there was no tab that said "add a page element" at least not one I could find anywhere. Can someone please help me? I know this is probably annoying, but once I'm told how to do something once, I'm pretty good at understand it from there on out.

3 comments:

the story siren said...

when you are on your "add elements page" or the customize page whatever you want to call it. you need to go to the top left hand corner of the screen and hit the edit html link.

Liv said...

or you could also got to the right and look at the top of the column of sidebar blocks and there should be something that says "add a gadget". that's what you want to click on.

and, i just found your blog! I love it! i'm really hoping you continue blogging and all, because judging by your header, you've got fantastic taste in books. :) i'll definitely be checking back for reviews and such!

Tonight_She_Shines said...

Thanks to you both for your help. I appreciate it greatly!!!